Oops… I did it again! You’re totally singing that now aren’t you? My bad. Or maybe you’re singing Olivia Newton John’s Physical…That’s what I was going for with the title. Anyways, what I’m actually talking about is someone nominated for an award! This time it’s the Versatile blogger award! I haven’t been blogging long and I don’t get to do it as much as I’d like to, but this is the third award I’ve been given so either it must not be bad OR…more likely they’ve already given awards to the blogs they actually like reading and figure “this poor girl” needs something too.
At any rate- whatever the cause of this great gift, I’d like to thank She Can’t Be Serious for nominating me. I don’t follow a SUPER large amount of blogs, but it’s because I truly read those that I follow and I enjoy all of her regular posts but I Ell-oh-vee-ee the little section titled, “Ask the Google Bitch” Do yourself a favor and read that, preferably after you finish this.
As with any award, there are “Rules” to fully accept it. I must first post a picture- I already did that so I’m a step ahead of the game.
It’s likely a “rule” to thank the person who gave you said award but I feel like you should always thank someone who does something nice for you and it shouldn’t need to be laid out in rule form as it should be common courtesy. Anyways- I made sure to do that because I am grateful. Also- I must tell you 7 “random” things about myself. Lastly- I shall nominate (per guidelines) 15 other bloggers. This one will be difficult because I only follow about 35 and with the previous awards, I’ve nominated a fair amount of those bloggers already- some twice and I don’t want them to think I’m brown nosing! Onward, we go.
- I started the Insanity workout on Monday. Ouch!
- It drives me crazy that I have 4 posts started and about 2 pages worth of ideas in a little notebook and very little time to write/complete them.
- I’m a little mad at myself for the first sentence of this post because now the ancient Britney Spears song is stuck in my head.
- I’ve only shared this blog with a very select number of people I know in real life…3, I believe.
- I’m terribly concerned that soon there will be an all-out war in my family as they are dividing up my grandma’s things and selling the land and such. When there are 9 siblings- things get a little tricky. Aside from the general pain and unwantedness of the task- it appears one of my aunts (who took over everything) is hiding things from the rest. I’ve mentioned I’m really close to them and thoroughly enjoy doing things altogether, but I’m pretty blue about how things are panning out.
- I wish these awards had different rules. At least the three I’ve been granted have all had pretty comparable rules- picture, thanks, 7 or 10 or whatever “random” things about yourself, nominate 7 or 10 or 15…other bloggers. Not that I could really think of feasible, fun rules but certainly someone could. If anyone comes up with great ideas- I’d love to hear them- let’s make it a thing. And have them explained (ex- I think this person should get the “witty wonka” award because they really are witty and kind of frighten me in that creepy sort of way). Don’t get me wrong- I delight in getting these awards and gladly fulfill the duties of acceptance! I just feel like more people would be apt to participate if every once in a while they got an award with a twist!
- After number 6, I’ll probably never get an award again haha.
Moving right along. 15 bloggers who I think are versatile. Dictionary.com defines versatile as: 1. Capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc. 2. Having or capable of many uses. Some synonyms from the Microsoft word bank are multipurpose, useful, nifty, handy, resourceful, flexible. SO- these 15 bloggers I feel fall under one or more of those definitions or similar words.
Joe’s Shitty Ideas
Me vs. Myelf vs. I
Lovelivingincolorado (I live in CO and find this EXTREMELY useful, resourceful, multipurpose, etc)
Reasons Why I’m Still Single
In Other Words
This Life in Photos
Extremely Stupid People
Jaybird is the Word
Jean Day Friday – very recently started following- but read a bit, I liked it, and I feel it fits!
5 Things to do Today
20 Something Magazine – I realize they probably can’t really do the whole “award” thing- but maybe my followers would like to check it out and this is a good way to give them a shout out and help meet my quota of 15 😉
Seriously, go check out some of these blogs- especially She Can’t be Serious because I can’t thank her enough! You’ll find a lot of different, great material up there- surely something for everyone! Happy hump day!